Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stinkfest 2009

After teaching two music classes tomorrow morning, I'm off on a plane to New York. I'm going to go to Stinkfest 2009 in Brooklyn organized by Tor Hyams, Stephanie Bell Mayers, and Bill Childs.

This isn't something I usually do. I usually hang around Chicago strumming my guitar most of the time. However, Stinkfest is an opportunity to learn about the Kids Music Industry. There will be 3 panel discussions specifically about promotion, booking, and distribution. There are some incredible panelists scheduled to discuss these topics.

To top it all off, there's an industry-only showcase which includes:
Brady Rymer
Mariana Iranzi
Key Wilde & Mr Clarke
The Jimmies
Ralph's World
Audra Rox
Paul Green's School of Rock
Secret Agent 23 Skidoo
Lunch Money

Wouldn't you know my digital camera just broke so I can't take pics? Anyways, I'll tell you how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment