Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Red Moon Winter Pageant 2009

For me, nothing says Chicago like Red Moon Theater. Yes, I know they made it big-time at the White House this year at Halloween. However, at this year's Winter Pageant, my husband, daughter and I felt the same sense of magical wonderment we've always felt at their productions over the years. Even though Red Moon seems to find it's way everywhere in Chicago like Millenium Park, Wicker Park, Columbus Park, and Chinatown, viewers still get a grass roots feel from almost every production. You get a sense that a community of artists and musicians are working together to make it happen. It's puppets, it's machines, it's art, it's juggling, it's shadow and water and bubbles and more. The music at this years pageant was amazing. Mark Messing of Mucca Pazza I believe was involved.
Here's a little taste of the magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment